*Parents and/or legal guardians of new students will need an active email account (that is checked regularly) to access and use the online registration system, Parent-portal. This email account will also be used for important communication updates from Bridgeport ISD and your child’s school. If you do not have an email address, you can get a free email from several companies. Bridgeport ISD does not endorse or support any specific company, but those who offer free accounts include Google, AOL (purchased by Verizon), and Yahoo.
- The following documents are needed to register a new student in Bridgeport ISD
- Proof of Residency - copy of
- Current utility bill - electric, gas, or water bill showing name and physical address of person enrolling student (cell/phone, cable/satellite, waste bills are not accepted)
- Builder’s contract - signed by both parties. If you are having a home built and waiting for it to be completed; it must be complete within six weeks of enrollment
- Lease agreement or deed of trust - signed by both parties. Requires residence on the property- see policy FD(LEGAL)
- Voter registration card
- Shared residency forms - available upon request
- Birth Certificate - state-certified copy only
- Social Security Card - copy
- Immunization (Shot) Records
- Previous year report card/most recent withdrawal information (for students in grades 1-12); high school students must bring their most current transcript
- Most recent state testing results
- Copy of driver’s license or state ID of enrolling parent or guardian
You will be asked to upload the following documents throughout the course of the registration process.
Your registration will not be complete until all documents have been uploaded. You can upload documents in several formats, including a picture that you take with your cell phone (jpg/jpeg). To be able to complete registration, you will need to upload these documents:
- Parent Identification (Valid Photo ID; Driver's license, Passport, Permanent Resident Card or Naturalization Papers)
- Proof of Residency – a utility bill (the most current bill is required: credit card & cell phone bills, & driver’s license not accepted); lease agreement; closing documents on a home; tax or mortgage statement on a home, or a notarized letter stating that the family is living with a Bridgeport ISD resident along with that resident’s proof of residency.